Winter Wardrobe

The weather has turned decidedly Autumnal this last week, so I decided to get my winter clothes out from storage a few days ago.  Oh my goodness, apparently I have almost NO winter clothes - or certainly almost none that I like!

Luckily I have recently purchased quite a few lengths of fabric and patterns with the intention of creating a new winter wardrobe.

So without further ado, I would like to share my purchases and plans with you.

Blouses

I have fabric for 2 blouses. Both fabrics are polyester crepe de chine. 

The first is a tan and purple polka dot, purchased a couple of months ago at Sew Over It, while I was killing time before a work appointment.  Fabulous shop by the way!  It's going to become view C of Butterick 5561.



The second is a plain cerise pink/plum that I picked up recently at a sewing and craft show at Bluewater shopping centre.  I'm not totally sure what this is going to become yet, possibly Burdastyle's Pleated Tunic, or something similar.



Skirts


I have plans for 2 skirts.  I have one metre of this dark brown / aubergine heavy polyester (I think) fabric, also bought at the sewing show at Bluewater.  The man I bought this from told me it was produced for Jaeger, and it certainly feels nice enough.  I think this is going to become the skirt from Simplicity 2263, the same pattern I used for my Cherry Surprise skirt earlier in the year.  With added pockets of course! 




Secondly, at the same event I purchased a metre of pink/brown woven boucle looking fabric.  It's quite loosely woven, so I think it will need a lining. It will very likely be the skirt from Vogue 1247, several inches longer, as I've heard it's VERY short!



Dresses


Again, I have fabric for 2 - there appears to be a pattern developing here! - quite coincidentally.

Both fabrics were purchased at Fabricland in Basingstoke earlier this week.  I happened to be in the area for work, and of course had to pop in to see what they'd got.  They're both ponte knit and I have aubergine and teal.

The aubergine is going to be view A of Burda 7301, hopefully it will look exactly the same as the pattern envelope.



The teal I think might be paired with my first vintage pattern.  Simplicity 5170, the long sleeved version.  Again I'm hoping it will look like the illustration on the pattern envelope.




And finally......

A coat!!! 


I'm quite scared about this.  I wasn't when I bought the fabric months ago, but the closer it gets to me actually having to make it, the more scared I get. 

The fabric is a wool blend from Ditto Fabrics, which I bought months ago.  I've umm-ed and ahh-ed about patterns and have finally decided it will be a Vogue 8548.  Sadly by the time I decided I wanted to use that pattern it had been discontinued, but I managed to find a copy on eBay.  I'm going to make view C.  Sadly this fabric doesn't really go with any of my other purchases!



I think that should be enough to keep me going for a while!

Of course, I also have several knitting projects either on the go or in the pipeline, and my Burdastyle jacket to complete.  And Karen's Apronalong!   And that's without thinking about any Christmas gifts I might want to make.  Looks like I'm going to be busy. 


2 comments

  1. Wow, what impressive plans. I particularly love your coat fabric, looking forward to seeing your progress :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jacq! I think "overambitious" might be a good way to describe my plans, but we'll see! The coat is scaring me slightly.

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comment, every one is read and appreciated. It means a lot to me that you take the time to read and comment on my posts.